Ukrainian Department – Conference on financing and insurance mechanisms for French companies in wartime Ukraine – September 20, 2023
Following on from our first conference in March 2023, which brought together nearly 120 participants, we were pleased to organize a new conference on September 20 on public financing and insurance mechanisms for French companies in wartime Ukraine.
Initiated by BG2V Avocats’ Ukrainian department, co-directed by our corporate and M&A lawyers Oksana ZOPPINI and Roland GUENY, the conference attracted over 100 participants.
This event supported by the Ukrainian Embassy in France, featured speakers from leading French and international institutions and organizations:
- Pierre DABRE, Head of the Export Credits and International Guarantees Office, French Treasury Department
- Cecile BENAZRA (Head of Department) and Emma HOOPER (Head of Department), Expertise Coordination Internationale (ECI) Department, Bpifrance Assurance Export
- Francis MALIGE, Managing Director, Financial Institutions, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
- Annabelle LIBEAU, Investment Guarantee Officer at the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), a subsidiary of the World Bank
- Beatrice MASER, IFC Special Representative for Western Europe
- Oleksandr Gryban, Investment Team Leader, Advantage Ukraine
On the sidelines of the event, the sale of Ukrainian honey helped finance an operation to purchase ambulances for Ukraine (operation launched by the association Les Pharmaciens sans Frontières 94 in partnership with other Franco-Ukrainian associations).
Thank you to all our participants and speakers for making this event a success.